Board Certified Real Estate Attorney
Annabella Barboza is the founder and shareholder of Barboza Law & Associates, P.A. (the “Firm”), a boutique law firm conveniently located in Plantation, Florida dedicated to serving individual and corporate clients in the areas of real estate, probate, estate planning and business law.
Ms. Barboza is amongst a select number of Florida attorneys that are Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Real Estate Law which is a recognition of her special knowledge and proficiency in this area of law. She represents real estate owners, investors and lenders in the acquisition, sale, finance of real property. She has extensive experience in title insurance matters, title claims involving complex title defects, lien priority issues, and code enforcement liens with great results. Some of her professional accolades include being published in the Florida Bar Journal: Code Liens are not “Superpriority” Liens: Is this the End of the Debate? in September 2013 and being selected as Fellow of the Inaugural Class of Wm. Reece Smith, Jr. Leadership Academy of The Florida Bar (2013-2014).
Born and raised in Perú, Ms. Barboza’s strong work ethic and commitment to service come naturally from her three generations of attorneys in her family. She believes that the professional responsibility of every attorney extends beyond the ethical standards and professional rules, as it must have at the core a spirit of public service. She tirelessly dedicates her time and legal skills representing pro bono clients. In 2019, Annabella was the recipient of The Attorney of the Year Award presented by Broward County Legal Aid organizations in recognition of her commitment and dedication to helping those in need through pro bono work.
- Nova Southeastern University College of Law, J.D.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, Facultad de Derecho, B.A. & J.D.
- The Florida Bar
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Broward Attorneys Real Estate Council, President 2020
- Broward County Bar Association – Real Property Section, Member
- Broward County Bar Association – Hispanic Lawyers Committee, Member
- Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar, Executive Council Member
- American Land Title Association, Member
- Legal Aid Service of Broward County, Board Member 2018-2020
- Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida, Board Member 2018-2020
Publications, Achievements & Honors
- Code Liens are not “Super-priority” Liens: Is it the End of the Debate? – The Florida Bar Journal, Volume 87, No. 8, September/October 2013
- Fellow of the Inaugural Class of the Wm. Reece Smith, Jr. Leadership Academy of The Florida Bar, 2013 – 2014
- Appointed Member of The Florida Bar Probate Rules Committee, 2014
- Florida Bar Board Certification in Real Estate Law, 2015
- Attorney of the Year Award presented by Broward County legal aid organizations, 2019
- Super Lawyer 2019-2021
What Is A Board Certified Attorney?
Robyn Marcus is an Associate Attorney of the Firm. She focuses her practice on estate planning, probate administration and real estate transactional law.
Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Marcus was an associate in an insurance defense firm where she defended corporate clients in complex litigation matters. She also dedicated countless hours as a volunteer attorney for Legal Aid Services of Broward County, Florida.
In the representation of the Firm’s clients, Ms. Marcus’ practice involves drafting estate plans; all aspects of probate administration; business formation and organization; handling residential real estate transactions ranging from land acquisition, sales transactions, title insurance, refinance transactions to business matters and legal research.
- Florida State University, College of Law, J.D.
- Florida State University, B.S.
- The Florida Bar
- Broward Attorneys Real Estate Council, Member
- Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar, Member
300 South Pine Island Road,
Suite 261, Plantation, FL 33324
Telephone: (954) 983-1232